Monday, June 27, 2011

the new life as we know it!

The creation of this blog came about because I have found that life has brought about some exciting things that I want to share with everyone. I felt like a blog would allow family and friends to catch up on the adventures that we have been on and are about to go on. So if you have a couple of minutes, enjoy!

As many of you probably know, Kevin and I moved to the Clemson area so he could complete his graduate degree at Clemson University. We moved from Alpharetta, Georgia to South Carolina in January 2010. Thankfully, Kevin received an assistantship in the Student Conduct office at Clemson University. Within the first couple of months Kevin began his assistantship and his courses for his degree. 

I on the other hand began the job search. I quickly learned that God had a plan for me. Every door that I thought was open for me to walk through, He closed and then opened a window for me to jump through. I learned that I had to trust Him. At first, I had to jump with faith and then walk with him through all the opportunities that He presented me. A year and a half later, I have had several education experiences that I truly look back upon and cherish. I have worked as a special education teacher aide, a discover guide at a children's museum (http://www.tcmupstate.org/), and an applied behavioral line therapist. I found that each experience that I had was a stepping stone for the next. I am so thankful for all of the opportunities that I had and all of the individuals that I was able to work with. Oh I can't forget Hallmark! Hallmark was my fun sanity job throughout the last year! 

Now our time in Clemson has come to a close. Kevin graduated with his masters in education in May. I am so proud of him and everything that he has accomplished. Not only did he earn his masters degree, he accepted a job a little over a month after he graduated. His job search began in February. After several on campus interviews, the University of South Carolina contacted him. They asked him to apply for a job and to come for an on campus interview. He had a on campus interview with the same office, different department a couple of weeks earlier. To make a long story short, Kevin accepted the position as Coordinator of Academic Integrity at the University of South Carolina. 

So in conclusion, we are moving to Lexington, South Carolina on Friday! We are very excited about our upcoming move but sad to move away from a place that we have called home for the last year and a half. If you know us well, you could call us the experienced movers. We moved three times within our first year of marriage. Actually saying goodbye to a place that we lived in for more than four months is very bittersweet for us. We are definitely thankful for all of the people and opportunities that we have had since we have lived here.  


1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog. I'm glad we'll be able to keep up with your adventures. You'll find that it's fun to read back over too!! So excited for you guys but we're going to miss you!!

    ReplyDelete